Home → Payroll Knowledge Book → How do I update information in my ADP account? → Direct Deposit Information
5.4. Direct Deposit Information
Once you register for your ADP account, watch this video about setting up Direct Deposit: https://support.adp.com/basic/cr/matraining/sims/wfn/80929/settingupadirectdeposit/index.html
The link above will have you log back into ADP first.
You can follow these written instructions below instead of watching the video:
When you enter, or change, direct deposit information in your ADP account and click SAVE, you may see a banner on the page saying your account information has been verified. If you receive that message, your next paycheck should be direct deposited.
If you do not see this banner, it means that ADP could not verify the information right away, so they will go through the standard verification process during the next payroll cycle. For the payroll cycle when ADP is verifying your direct deposit information, you will be sent a live paper check via US mail to the address on file in ADP. Please check your mailing address in ADP to be certain it is correct and complete.
To change or add your direct deposit information, log into your MI ADP account. When you enter ADP, select Myself from the dashboard and then under the Pay category click on Payment Options to add or change your account information. Note: Only Submit a HelpSpot request if you are unable to update the information.
- If adding a new account, or changing your account information, click on Add Bank.
- After choosing Add Bank Account, you are then prompted to enter the Routing Number and confirm.
- Then enter the Account Number and confirm.
- You will see the drop-down menu to choose Account Type.
If you make any changes to your direct deposit information, be sure to click on Save.
- If you are changing direct deposit info, you should choose the first option on the list that is not already associated with an account. If an account number shows up on the right, that option/code is already taken.
- You can cancel an existing account by clicking on the trash can icon located to the right of the Bank Account Direct Deposit It is best not to overwrite an old account number in the event you need to refer to it later.
If you are NOT making any changes, but are just viewing your DD information, click Cancel to exit that screen when you are done reviewing your information.
- Again, if you just need to view your direct deposit information, click Cancel to exit the screen. Do NOT click on Save, or you will reset your effective date and ADP may go through the banking verification process again which could delay your direct deposit from becoming active.
- The effective date is the date that you entered your direct deposit information.
- If you are entering information for an account that has a debit/credit card associated with it, do not use the number on the front of your card. You need to enter the account/routing numbers associated with the actual account. If you do not have this information, contact the banking institution where you have the account.
- If you are entering information for a checking account, use the account/routing number from one of your checks. Do not use the information from a deposit slip. If you are not sure which information is correct, have your bank supply the information to you.