3.8. Mac Users: Adjusting Power Settings on macOS (Pre-Big Sur)
1. Click Apple logo menu on the top left corner of your screen.
2. Click System Preferences.
3. Click Energy Saver.
4. If using a Mac laptop, select Power Adapter.
5. Click and drag the Turn display off after slider to 30 minutes.
6. Make sure Prevent computer from automatically sleeping when the display is off is selected and all other boxes are not selected.
Of note: If you are using a Mac laptop and sometimes score utilizing battery power, you will also have to adjust settings for battery power preferences. Select Battery and then drag the sleep slider to 30 minutes. Make sure Put hard drives to sleep when possible and Enable Power Nap while on battery power are unselected.