Home → Technical Knowledge Book → Remote Scoring → Introduction to Remote Scoring – Installing MIRA
1.1. Introduction to Remote Scoring – Installing MIRA
MIRA System Requirements: You must check the Technical Requirements located here before attempting to install the scoring platform (MIRA.)
If your system does not meet these requirements, MIRA will not run and you will not be eligible for a Remote Scoring Assignment.
- You are required to use the latest version of MIRA.
- You may be prompted to update your MIRA version as updates are released.
- MIRA automatically checks for updates each time it is launched.
- For help uninstalling MIRA or identifying which version of MIRA you currently have,click here.
To install MIRA, click on the link below. While running the MIRA scoring platform, please exit any non-essential background applications for best performance.
LINK: MIRA Installation
Step 1: Logging into MIRA
- You will use your system username and password to download MIRA.
- If you are a new reader, you will receive an email from ScoringUserManagement (SUM) entitled “Measurement Incorporated User Info” a few days before your assignment start date. This email contains your system credentials necessary for logging onto MIRA.
- Returning readers will receive a reminder of their username.
- Check your spam box for emails from @measinc.com.
- Make sure @measinc.com addresses are on your ‘safe sender’ list; otherwise, you may not receive support requests.
- If your training date has arrived and you have not received this information to your email address on file, or have misplaced it, please Contact Us with Technical Issues as the Category and MIRA Username/Password as the subcategory.
- You must reset your password when logging in for the first time.
Step 2: Download Scoring Platform
- You will be directed to the appropriate installation for your computer.
- Disregard any notice telling you that the application is not certified. MIRA is safe for your computer.
- The downloaded file will show a confirmation in the browser window.
Step 3: Install MIRA and Systems Check
- MIRA will install on your computer.
- A systems check will run the first time MIRA is launched, after MIRA updates, and after extended breaks.
- The systems check for bandwidth determines if an internet connection is present to run MIRA.*
- The systems check for browser determines if the speed of your computer is sufficient to run MIRA.
- The systems check for screen resolution determines whether the system monitor is set to the minimum required resolution to read student responses.
- The systems check for images verifies that your browser supports images in the required format.
- The systems check for video/audio verifies that your computer supports audio and videos. Please make sure the volume of your computer is not muted.
- If your system fails any of the five checks, you will get a message stating that your system may not perform as expected.
- Even if your system passes all the checks, we cannot guarantee that this platform will work for you.
Once MIRA is installed, you will proceed to the login page to begin work. We look forward to having you join us in the successful completion of the Remote Scoring Project.
Contact Us for Support
- Please see the knowledge books here for support for common issues.
- Support is available Monday-Friday during business hours. Due to high volume during our peak scoring season (March through June), support may be limited in the evening and on weekends.
- Submit a request for assistance here. Complete all fields accurately and monitor your ticket through email for a response from an agent. Please reply to any additional requests for information.
*Please note: The bandwidth component checks for a connection sufficient to start MIRA. This check does not determine the user’s connection type or strength. Therefore, a system that passes this check may still lack sufficient broadband connection for all system components to run properly.