3.2. What is the procedure for foreign degree equivalency?
- There are some bilateral agreements in place regarding foreign degrees (U.K., Canada, and Western Europe). Applicants who have obtained their education outside the United States or its territories, and whose degrees are not covered under Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) with the United States, must have their academic degree(s) validated as equal to the Baccalaureate degree given by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. The fee for such a service is the responsibility of the applicant.
- (Note: If the applicant has been accepted into an accredited postgraduate course of study in the United States that requires a bachelor’s degree, a letter from the university may serve as validation as well.)
- There are a number of agencies that perform this specialized service. MI will only accept equivalency reports from members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org). You must directly contact the organizations listed below for current information, procedures, and costs.
- Please note: Depending on the foreign country involved, validating a degree can be a lengthy and costly process.
- To submit proof-of-degree documentation, please upload files to the secure dropbox link or have the official documents mailed to:
423 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
Attention: Remote Applicant Management Team
Foreign Degree Equivalency Agencies
- A2Z Evaluations, LLC
- Academic Evaluation
- Center for Applied
Research, Evaluations & Education, Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Educational Perspectives
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc.
- Foundation for
International Services, Inc.
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Global Services Associates, Inc.
- International Academic Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
- International Education Evaluations, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- Josef Silny &
- SpanTran Evaluation Services
- Transcript Research
- World Education Services, Inc.