3.2. What is the procedure for foreign degree equivalency?
- Applicants who have obtained their education outside the United States or its territories must have their academic degree(s) validated as equal to the Baccalaureate degree given by a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. The fee for such a service is the responsibility of the applicant. (Note: If the applicant has been accepted into an accredited postgraduate course of study in the United States that requires a bachelor’s degree, a letter from the university may serve as validation as well.)
- There are a number of agencies that perform this specialized service. MI will only accept equivalency reports from members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org). You must directly contact the organizations listed below for current information, procedures, and costs.
- Note: Depending on the foreign country involved, validating a degree can be a lengthy and costly process.
- To submit proof-of-degree documentation, please upload files to the secure DropBox link or have the official documents mailed to:
Attention: Applicant Processing Team
423 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
Foreign Degree Equivalency Agencies
- A2Z Evaluations, LLC
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc
- Center for Applied Research, Evaluations & Education, Inc.
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Educational Perspectives
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Evaluation Service, Inc.
- Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc.
- Foundation for International Services, Inc.
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- Global Services Associates, Inc.
- International Academic Credential Evaluators, Inc.
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc.
- International Education Evaluations, Inc.
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc
- SpanTran Evaluation Services
- Transcript Research
- World Education Services, Inc.