2.4. What is the WorkBright process?
To start the I-9 process you will receive an email from WorkBright.
- You will create a WorkBright account and enter the information needed to complete Section 1 Form I-9 using your Smartphone. Please make sure you are entering your personal information correctly. Double-check your entries for date of birth and social security number.
- Please double-check our entries for Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
- You will also take a picture of the identifying documents needed to complete Section 2 Form I-9.
- Once you complete Form I-9 Section 1, a dedicated I-9 MI staff member will review your submission. If it is accepted, you will receive an email from the WorkBright system instructing you to choose an Authorized Representative to complete Form I-9 Section 2. If Form I-9 Section 1 is rejected, you will have to redo that section and it will need to be reviewed again before you can proceed to the next step.
- You will receive a message from the WorkBright system asking you to choose your Authorized Representative. You will need to set up a time to meet with your Authorized Representative so that person can confirm your identifying documents.
- When you meet with your Authorized Representative, you will need to share your location via Smartphone.
- You will then provide the Authorized Representative’s contact information (phone number) to WorkBright. Your Authorized Representative will receive a text from the WorkBright system.
- The Authorized Representative will watch a short video that will help guide them through the process of completing your Section 2 Form I-9.
- The Remote Form I-9 process is very straightforward and should not take long to complete. The WorkBright system does much of the work for you.
In preparation for this process, you may visit the WorkBright website and watch any video that is related to the Remote Form I-9 process.