8.8. What are common mistakes I should check for before I finish the I-9 Section 2 Form?
- Is the “Employee Info from Section 1” completed in full at the top of the Section 2 form?
- This information should match the information provided in Section 1 of Form I-9.
- Are the documents entered in the correct column(s) (List A, B, and C)?
- Are the required details of the documents completed in full?
- Is the “first day of employment” field still blank?
- Is “Today’s Date” filled in correctly?
- Did your Authorized Representative sign the form
in the correct place?
- Section 2 signature, NOT Section 3
- Did you use
correction fluid or tape to correct/conceal a mistake?
- Crossing out your mistakes is ok.
- Is all the required information completely filled out and legible?